Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Laundry Room, Green Beans, and Our Front Porch

JP and I are currently in the process of expanding the laundry room.  We have knocked out a wall, walled up an old doorway, replaced sheetrock in the ceiling and on the walls where the wall was knocked out.  After we patched all of that with the sheetrock I TRIED to tape and mud!  Let me just say...I'M NO GOOD AT MUDDING!  And unfortunately niether is JP!  So we are looking for somebody local to help us out!  My kitchen has been taken over by laundry room STUFF!  I can't wait to finish it up and share our pics!  I did scrape the popcorn off of the ceiling this morning and let me tell you, it was a HUGE mess!  I despise popcorn ceilings, but I don't know if I don't hate scraping them worse!  



After I finished scraping the ceiling I jumped in the pool while JP went to the garden (don't judge, I hate the garden).  I've been putting up more squash and peppers and some green beans. 


 I haven't shared with you how I put up green  beans so I thought I'd do that.  JP snapped them into 1-2 inch pieces and pulled the strings off of them (when you snap them you'll notice the strings, just pull them off and toss them to the side along with the ends).  


This year I'm freezing them in Zip-Lock bags.  In order to do that I simply place them in a pot, cover them with water and bring them to a boil.  When they have boiled for a couple of minutes I turn off the heat, let them cool, put them in the bags and place them in the freezer!  Easy cheesy!


I wanted to share a few pics of my porch with you too!  Last year I took my great-grandmother's bed and made it into a porch bed/seat!  I wouldn't have done it but the bed was broken and not fixable.  I left the headboard in tact, cut the foot board in half and used it as the sides.  I had another full size bed that was broken (we are really rough on beds around here) and I used it as the seat.  I reinforced it with braces in the middle on the front and back.  Then I mixed up my own chalk paint, painted it, sanded it off in places, and put a stain over the chalk paint (I love the look of this, it gives it a glazed look).  
My sister-in-law gave me an old baby bed mattress and I used a sheet, and some pillows to finish off the look.

The desk was my JP's grandfather's as was the black cabinet in the corner.  


I bought the accessories at various places around town (my favorite is the lantern that I purchased at Burke's), the flower pots came from Lowe's and so did the flowers :), and JP's cousin made the door hanger.  I made the sign by the front door. 

  And I made the cross in the flower pot!

Thanks for stopping by again today!  May the Lord bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment