Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Jamberry and Matthew 6:31

Worry...I do that A LOT!  I don't know why, the Bible says we can't change one thing by worrying, but I do it anyway!  

As you know I have started selling Jamberry Nails.  I have several teacher friends on Instagram from various parts of the country who wear them and I thought they were adorable.  I had one of the ladies to send me a sample and I tried it.  I was hooked!  After praying about it and thinking about it for a couple of weeks I decided to join as a consultant.   And let me just say that I am so excited!!!!


I love doing my fingernails!  And I love all of the styles that Jamberry has to offer, so I ordered my kit and 6 days later it was in.  It got here on Monday, and well, we were at the goat show on Monday and when we came home we came in through the back door.  I had no idea that the UPS man had brought my package! When JP got in from work Tuesday morning (at 6:00AM) he told me my package was here!  I was so excited that I couldn't sleep.  I immediately got up and started unpacking my kit and doing my fingernails. 


I have booked a party for myself for the 25th, at my house, and  let me tell you, I am extremely nervous! I don't talk in front of adults, put me in front of a group of kids and I'm A-OK, adults are a different story!  Worry...


Well, bless her, I suckered my mother-in-law into letting me do a run-through last night with the ladies in our family (there are quite a few).  They said I did good and they gave me some good pointers for my own show Friday night!  Anyway...

I am still worried...
I am worried that this is going to flop.
I am worried that I shouldn't have done this.
I am worried that I'm going to get tired of doing it and not want to do it anymore.
I am worried that people aren't going to want to have parties.
I am worried that I won't have anyone that wants to be a consultant with me....

I could go on and on, but the Bible tells us in Matthew 6:31, Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed.  

This is Jesus talking!  He's is talking to us!  We are not supposed to worry about these BIG things, much less the little things!  I mean eating, drinking, and having clothes on our backs are pretty big things, but Jesus tells us don't worry about these things, He tells us in the next couple of verses that He knows that we need all of these things.  In other words, He's got this...
And in verse 33-34 He says, But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself...

If we seek Him first (daily devotions and prayer), and His kingdom (winning the lost for Him, pointing others to Him, and helping those in need) and His righteousness (being set apart so that others can see Him in us), then all of these other things will fall into place.  All the things that we worry about will seem so trivial and minute in comparison to His kingdom and His righteousness!

I thank the Lord for these reminders in His Word!  He knows just what I need and when I need it...

2 comments: